Ageras Group is the home of Billy, Tellow, Meneto and Ageras Marketplace. Each brand has a unique offering enabling success for small and micro-sized businesses in Denmark, Sweden, Norway, the Netherlands, Germany and the US.
The group is built on a passion for entrepreneurship. Serial entrepreneurs Rico Andersen and Martin Hegelund founded Ageras in 2012 and has since turned their vision into a global venture with a strong offering.
Ageras Group, provider of an online marketplace, a digital accounting solution and accounting softwares, plans to launch a new digital bank for small businesses after raising 450 million DKK in its latest funding round.
Now, with the launch of new customer products and propositions you will have the opportunity to work in a completely new and complex environment and grow a bank from scratch - which is absolutely unique in Copenhagen’s scale up scene today!
What will you be doing?
- Help the product and engineering teams here at Ageras group improve the overall security of our existing products, as well as working on greenfield projects / building secure solutions from scratch.
- You will get involved and work on products from their conception stage, all the way up to deployment to ensure that they are secure from top to bottom.
- Embed a security culture throughout the development team, meaning that developers work with a ‘security first’ mentality.
- Have the ability to categorise and triage security issues to ensure that problems are solved systematically.
- Create a security is fun culture.
- Help to align the application security strategy alongside senior stakeholders and business leaders within the engineering department.
- Pioneer and help to grow a new elite banking division here at Ageras Group!
What we are looking for in you?
- First and foremost, you are or have been a passionate engineer with an understanding of the full development life-cycle and the ability to either both read and write code.
- Previous experience with development languages is not important, however, we would consider it ideal if you have worked with various technologies on the backend, frontend, database, or cloud.
- Has strong experience within application security and a proven track record within it.
- The ability to work autonomously, as you will be the first hire into the security team so will need to ability to help to initiate strategy from the outset.
- Unafraid of approaching complex and difficult issues head on.
- An outgoing and determined mind-set which will allow you to help to create a security first mindset.
- You understand the complex systems used within AppSec and have the ability to think outside the box and apply creative solutions to difficult problems.
- An inherent passion for security.
Why should you join Ageras Group?
We hope it’s fine that we take a moment to boast. Because to be honest, we think what we have to offer is pretty great: Our office is oh-so-fresh (probably the best view in town), our canteen is superb (probably the best lunch in town) and our people are simply fantastic (probably the best colleagues in town).
We take pride in our work, but we are also serious about fun. Seriously. Join our Friday Bar every FriYay, take a little break in our gaming room on a rough Monday or grab a ginger shot and join in on a yoga session on Wellness-Wednesday.
At Ageras Group, we are on a mission to conquer the world. But who said you can’t have fun along the way?
Now that we have caught your attention, it is time for you to catch ours. This you can easily do by sending us your English resume. All applications are continuously evaluated, but you can expect to hear from us within 1 week.
Please apply directly or give Charlie Allen, from Annapurna Recruitment, a call on +45 89 88 55 56.
About Ageras Group
After 9 years we today are represented by more than 150 talented employees, are active in 6 markets with our other brands- Meneto, Billy and Tellow and are financially backed by one of the largest Private Equity funds, Investcorp, and by the global investment fund Rabo Frontier Ventures.
- Ageras Group was founded in 2012 by serial entrepreneurs Rico Andersen and Martin Hegelund, who between them have 25 years of experience in building internet companies.
- Before Ageras, the pair founded an online marketplace matching households with gig workers
- Ageras Group started as the online marketplace Ageras.com (matching SMEs with accountants and bookkeepers), but has since built the digital accounting solution Meneto and acquired the accounting software companies Billy and Tellow.
- Ageras Group’s solutions have 340,000 users in total
- The company was bootstrapped for its first five years, until the global private equity firm Investcorp Technology Partners acquired a majority stake in 2017.
- Ageras Group has offices in Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Münich and Philadelphia in the US
- In 2020 the Dutch bank Rabobank invested in the group through its venture arm, Rabo Frontier Ventures.
- In 2021 Ageras got an investment deal of 450 million DKK from Lugard Road Capital, a New York-based multi-billion dollar global investment fund primarily focused on public and private companies in the Internet, software, consumer, and technology sectors