Ageras Group is the home of Billy, Tellow, Meneto and Ageras Marketplace. Each brand has a unique offering enabling success for small and micro-businesses, we are currently active in Denmark, Sweden, Norway, the Netherlands, Germany and United States.
The group is a built on a passion for entrepreneurship. Serial entrepreneurs Rico Andersen and Martin Hegelund founded Ageras in 2012 and has since turned their vision into a global venture with a strong offering.
Ageras Group, provider of an online marketplace, a digital accounting solution and accounting softwares, plans to launch a new digital bank for small businesses after raising 450 million DKK in its latest funding round.
We’re looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to play a key role in our continued growth journey.
You’ll be managing a team of engineers while being a member of the engineering team yourself - we call it a “playing coach”. Therefore, your job will be to:
- Spend at least 50% of the time hands-on coding
- Help your engineers grow their skills and experience
- Author project plans for epics
- Run agile project management processes
- Conduct code reviews, and make technical contributions to product architecture as well as getting involved in solving bugs and delivering small features
- Actively seek and hire talent
- Conduct managerial interviews for candidates, and train the team to do technical interviews
- Contribute to the sense of psychological safety on your team
- Hold regular 1:1's with all members of their team
- Give regular and clear feedback around the individual's performance
- Foster technical decision making on the team, but make final decisions when necessary
- Draft OKRs for employees
- Improve product quality, security, and performance
- Senior-level engineering background
- Preferably MSc in computer science or equivalent
- Experience working as a software architect
- Proven track record in managing engineers, either as lead developer or engineering manager
- We are open to varied backgrounds in technology stacks & frameworks and happy to see candidates with a broad technical profile.
- We expect either .NET, Java, or Go experience
- Experience with AWS and strong architecture skills
- FinTech experience is a plus
At Ageras Group, we take fun seriously, because motivated Agerians equal happy clients and partners. We go the extra mile to ensure that our employees come motivated and happy to work and thrive in our dynamic, international work environment.
Our modern, open office space, in the heart of Copenhagen, creates an inspiring work atmosphere; we serve probably the best lunch in town, drink very decent coffee and have fun Friday bars.
Together we believe we can achieve great success and we are on a mission to conquer the world.
Now that we have caught your attention, it is time for you to catch ours. Please send us your English resume. All applications are continuously evaluated, but you can expect to hear from us within 1 week.
Please apply directly or call Jessie Griffiths, from Annapurna Recruitment, a call on +44 33 3307 4486
About Ageras Group
After 9 years we today are represented by more than 150 talented employees, are active in 6 markets with our other brands- Meneto, Billy and Tellow and are financially backed by one of the largest Private Equity funds, Investcorp, and by the global investment fund Rabo Frontier Ventures.
- Ageras Group was founded in 2012 by serial entrepreneurs Rico Andersen and Martin Hegelund, who between them have 25 years of experience in building internet companies.
- Before Ageras, the pair founded an online marketplace matching households with gig workers
- Ageras Group started as the online marketplace Ageras.com (matching SMEs with accountants and bookkeepers), but has since built the digital accounting solution Meneto and acquired the accounting software companies Billy and Tellow.
- Ageras Group’s solutions have 340,000 users in total
- The company was bootstrapped for its first five years, until the global private equity firm Investcorp Technology Partners acquired a majority stake in 2017.
- Ageras Group has offices in Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Münich and Philadelphia in the US
- In 2020 the Dutch bank Rabobank invested in the group through its venture arm, Rabo Frontier Ventures.
- In 2021 Ageras got an investment deal of 450 million DKK from Lugard Road Capital, a New York-based multi-billion dollar global investment fund primarily focused on public and private companies in the Internet, software, consumer, and technology sectors.